Thursday, June 22, 2006

Misc. Comic Musings

Of course the "Norm Drabble As Incompetent Frozen Yogurt Server" storyline continues! Yippee! Here is the "punchline" (no, you don't need to see the first three panels, the setup is the same as it ever was -- customer requests an order Norm can't provide):



Oh HA HA! It's funnier now that instead of ice cream on his face and body, it's all piled up in a little bitty cup (and looks a little bit like a turd). ARRRGGGH! Oh so not funny. . . FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS! What, oh what, will happen to poor Norm tomorrow? Will someone ask for sprinkles?

Speaking of continuing storylines and "ARRRGGGH!," the "Dagwood Pimping His Sandwich Shop" storyline continues:



When Ye Olde Dagwood Sandwich Shoppes DO open, will the strip give us some info? A prompt to go visit one of these fine establishments? The longer this continues, the angrier I think it makes me. "Angry" is probably a strong word. It's a strip I already hate, so it's not like it can drop any further in my esteem. Still . . . using the strip to pimp the shop. That's weak, man.

In other news:


So, the high school hi-jinx continue. No pregnant war brides, orphaned Afghan toddlers, or metastasizing breast cancer to deal with. But is this as straightforward as it seems? Is this super hot cheerleader chick Jess all of a sudden hot for Darren? (Darren is his name, right?) Or is she setting him up for a big fall? Stay tuned . . .

A friend wrote to tell me of her creepy experience with For Better or For Worse. I read it in my morning paper. Apparently, she reads it on the website, and today . . . their eyes move! Here is the link (although I'm not sure this link will work after today -- so make sure you click the 6/22 strip if you are checking this). Yeah, so check out panels 3 and 4 -- blinking eyes. Do they always do this in FBOFW?

And, just because:


HA! And I think the best part is the googly-eyed dog (which I am guessing is a doll of some sort) on the monitor! Hey, Doggy, stick your God-damned tongue back in your mouth!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Lynn's FBOFW strips have been blinking their eyes for a couple of days now.

What puzzles is me is why I give a crap. I also wonder why Jon would write to a vet in such an unprofessional way.

Pissed off Jeffys should be a regular feature..like "Finger Quotin' Margo" at Comics Curmudgeon.

9:30 PM  
Blogger uglinessman said...

Marc said...
I also wonder why Jon would write to a vet in such an unprofessional way.


Jon has a crush on the vet, and hits on her every time he takes Garfield in. My guess is that he just didn't figure that someone besides her would read the message.

3:33 AM  
Blogger MaryAnnTheRest said...

Go Pissed off Jeffy. Pwned!! Every time someone pisses me off, I'm e-mailing them PO'd Jeffy!

Also, I got fired from Carvel for my inability to swirl ice-cream. Later in life, I met someone else who was also fired from Carvel for the same reason. Some of us were not born to serve others, I guess.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...We're pleased this feature has added some extra interest to the strip..."
That's the syndicate explanation for "animating" the strip.

Oooohhhh....Aaaahhhhh.... Makes me want to sit and watch for hours, just to see a character blink its eyes! So... interesting!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Austin said...

"Jon has a crush on the vet, and hits on her every time he takes Garfield in. My guess is that he just didn't figure that someone besides her would read the message."

It's also a nice tie-in to the movie that's coming out today, in which Jon travels to England to be with said vet.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Ianscot said...

Hey, Big Al, I think Sassy Black Woman made an appearance in today's (Saturday the 24th's) Crankshaft. It sure looks like her, only she's about to blow her stack. Take a look.

(I'm pretty sure Sassy Black Woman works as a nurse or in some relatively underpaid position in the medical profession.)

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Cory said...

Heaven help me. I find "We're out of large cups," hilarious.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home