Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving and news

Tap, tap, tap . . .Anyone out there?

So, yes, I've almost completely given up on the blogging. I am working from home, taking care of the baby . . . just not enough time. I guess I could find the time to blog, but I've sort of cut reading the comics out of my daily routine. I mean, I really, really dislike them, so why spend the time . . .

However, I couldn't let some momentous news from the News & Observer pass without comment. We are getting Pearls Before Swine!!! Hip, hip, hooray! Maybe I'll find time to read the funnies after all. We're also adding Frazz, and two others . . . I can't remember. My brain don't work so good as it used too.

Anyway, to make room, we are losing Cathy, Hagar the Horrible, Drabble, and The Boondocks. I hate Cathy, Hagar, and Drabble, love PBS, and love the fact that some other strips are getting a chance. I feel personally vindicated. I am also a Boondocks fan, and hate to see it go, but Aaron McGruder has been on an extended hiatus, so . . .

Charles Shultz has also been on an extended hiatus six feet under, but they continue to run Peanuts. Can't win them all, I guess.

Now I get to stay tuned for all the complaints about losing Hagar and Cathy! Can't wait!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

10 Comments:

Blogger Antonio said...

I get both Frazz and Peals Before Swine in my paper (The Star Ledger)of N.J. and I gotta say PBS is great but frazz is not so great. I'd rather read old boring Hagar than frazz.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Scanman said...

Yeah, I kinda liked Frazz when it came out but it has gotten really preachy recently. I ride a bicycle as my main mode of transportation but he sucks the joy out of it with his spiel about how he does a "quick" forty mile ride. Yeah, what pleasure can be derived from that?

1:19 AM  
Blogger Scanman said...

Oh, by the way I read the Star Ledger daily too.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but it's difficult to understand an interest in PBS: high-school level drawings; boringly repetitive sloppy composition (not to mention too small to "read" easily)... dialog that imitates the most-hated Star Wars character...

Sure, there are lots of other strips that share this description... but there ARE aome that are far better...

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

I missed you big al! I like your commentaries; try to make a blog once a month....please? I'm glad you and the baby are doing well.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Ianscot said...

Frazz is plenty good by me. It's far cleverer than the vast majority of strips, and it basically lacks the bitterness toward life we've come to expect from our "funnies."

I love the thing, and wish we got it in our paper. Please God, take Mallard Fillmore away and give us a Frazz.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently discovered your blog and love it, I'm reading through your posts, starting at the beginning.

I'd search for 'family circus' on your blog, but I can only imagine the returns.

I have a few of the old books from the 70s, and I remember a while back, the family went to the beach in the newspaper. The comics looked familiar, and whaddya know, there they are in my 70s book!

I don't have the books anymore, I think they went to Goodwill.

Does this sound familiar?

Kaitlyn

I tried e-mailing the yahoo address, but that got me an error message

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AGAドック
薄毛 治
AGA 検査
男性型脱毛症 遺伝子検査
抜け毛 治療
体臭 臭い ケア
石鹸 加齢臭対策
薬用柿渋石鹸
柿渋石鹸 加齢臭 効果
セルビック お試しセット
セルビック 美容液
セルビック トライアルセット
EGF FGF 美容液
レーシック 失敗
レーシック 角膜 矯正手術

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

セル レグザ(CELL REGZA)
骨盤ストレッチ
EGF・FGF
ファストファッション
radiko.jp
テレビ買い換え エコポイント
野菜ソムリエ
肉巻きおにぎり
溶岩浴
ロハス
アラ還
Twitter
パワースポット
魔女ガール
東京スカイツリー
フジロックフェスティバル
保活
ドライマウス
マクロビオティック
Android(アンドロイド)
エイプリルフール
IBS
学童保育
腸内洗浄
ふるさと納税
リンパドレナージュ
リアル・クローズ
iPad
パッチテスト
加圧トレーニング
審美歯科
リア充
iAd
黒豆ダイエット
Xperia(エクスペリア)
食べるラー油
Ustream(ユーストリーム)
読者モデル
子ども手当
睡眠障害

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home